Monday, September 24, 2012

She Scores!!!!

Sorry about being a blog slacker lately but honestly it's totally my husbands fault!!!  My power cord for my laptop died weeks ago and despite my constant nagging my husband has yet to take action to resolve this little matter.  I would just take care of it myself but I don't really know where to get one.  Soon, I will just say the heck with it and buy a whole new laptop:)  Just sayin Daniel:)

It is soccer Season for Brynn.  She originally wasn't going to play this season but then her BFF Carley signed up so she wanted back in.  We are once again on Team Wolfpack (we love Coach Jamie and Coach Daddy) but this year we are sporting brand new team colors (think glow-in-the-dark green). 

Brynn had a really great first game.  She didn't score but she played really great.  She has gotten a LOT more agressive and was really going after the ball.  She almost scored twice. I'm glad she didn't score because Daddy wasn't able to come to that one.  I did tell both Brynn and Dan after that game that I bet she would score her first goal this season.  Scoring a goal is a really big deal to Brynn. In her first 3 seasons she did not get a goal in a game. She did make a couple in practice but she really wanted that gameday goal.  She missed her second game because she had just gotten her tonsils out (I will also blog about this if Dan ever gets my powercord) so she was super psyched up for her game this Saturday.

A couple of minutes into the game (or is supposed to be called a match?) one of Brynn's teammates took the ball all the way down to the goal but then a little boy got in front of that girl and it was Brynn who kicked it in.  SCORE!!!!   She turned around and looked for Coach Daddy.  It was almost like she wasn't really sure it happened.  He had a huge grin on his face and held out his arms and she went flying across the field to him.  Coach Daddy gave her a huge hug and swung her around.  What a moment!!!!  So proud!!! Colton, Poppop and I were sitting on the bleachers cheering our heads off (you would have thought that she just kicked the winning goal in the olympics).  My Mom and Stepdad were on their way to NC but the following text conversation then transpired:

Me:  Brynn just scored her first goal ever!!!!! (In case you haven't noticed I love exclamation points!)

Mom:  OMG!  Grandpa is so sad he missed it!  Tell her we are so proud of her!!

Me:  She just got a second one!!!!!

Mom:  Wow!  Send us a picture of the soccer star.

Me:  And a third!!!!!

Mom:  Is she excited?

Me:  4!!!

Me:  5!!!!

Me:  Wait the last one didn't count

Mom: Why didn't it count?

Me:  No clue.  (What happened was that Brynn and the other girl were both kicking the ball and they couldn't tell who actually did it so they gave credit to the other little girl who hadn't scored yet.  I loved that they handled it this way! So nice!)

Mom: OMG!  How does she keep scoring?!

Me:  I don't know but that will be the last one.  They are only letting her play defense now because she scored too many:)  (In this leauge when a kids scores a lot and the team is winning by a landslide they will pull the kid and allow them to only play defense.  The point is to give other kids a chance.  It's really nice.  A girl on Brynn's team had been pulled prior to Brynn which is part of the reason Brynn was able to score so much.  And after Brynn got pulled another girl went on to score 2 or 3 and a couple of the boys scored).

Mom:  Well that's not fair!  Isn't the whole point to score?!  Lol.

Mom:  Tell her we are so proud of her!

It was AMAZING!!!!  I could not have been prouder if she really did kick the winning olympic goal.  She also made some great plays on defense and was so proud of herself.  We celebrated with a big ice cream party. 

I will add pics soon...you know, if Dan ever gets my power cord:)

No comments:

Post a Comment