Monday, June 24, 2013

Twas' the Night Before Miss Delaware...

Twas’ the night before Miss Delaware and I was not sleeping.
Over bags, clothes, boxes and tiaras I was leaping.
Still trying to pack and finding so much to do.
Big Sister gift, ironing and choreography notes to review.
My camera is dead and the charger is missing
My children’s sweet cheeks need lots of extra kissing.
Will the contestants remember their dance?
And where the heck are my favorite black pants?
Sparkles, tiaras, umbrellas and hairspray
I can’t fit it all in, let me try it another way.
Will my computer be able to get on-line?
Maybe I should pack an extra bottle of wine!
Is 20 pair of shoes going to be enough?
My husband stood there with his mouth open staring at all of the stuff.
Do you think I have it all?, I tiredly said.
All he could do was shake his head.
Bring on the costumes and gowns
It’s time for another girl to earn the crown.
I know that this makes me a huge pageant geek…
But I don’t care because “IT’S MISS DELAWARE WEEK!!!!!!”

I expect to post the day 1 rundown at about midnight.  Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment