Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Miss Delaware 2013

It's so hard to believe that Miss Delaware Week is 13 days away!  Because it's so close, I've started to get a couple of e-mails about whether or not I planned to blog about Miss Delaware Week.  The answer is a hesitant yes.  Lol...I promise to do my very best.  It's gotten a little trickier these days balancing my job responsibilities, Miss Delaware stuff and of course my two beautiful and very demanding children.  And just to throw in some extra fun this year, Dan and I will celebrate our wedding anniversary during Miss DE week.  Nothing says "I love you" quite like hanging out at Miss DE dress rehearsal:)

Sorry I didn't catch you up after the Miss DE orientations but here is the scoop...

We have 23 contestants this year!  Wowee Zowee!  This is the most in Miss DE history.  They are a pretty impressive group of young ladies....funny, smart, beautiful and just really kind.  I can also reveal that they love to chat and are horrible about deadlines (you know it's true ladies!!!).  I think we are going to have a LOT of fun!  About half of the girls are newbies (at least to Delaware...a couple have competed in other states).  I honestly don't know all of them as well as I would like to at this point but am genuinely excited to learn more about them over the next few weeks.


Production numbers are going well. We learned the Opening Number at the First Orientation and that went well but to be honest it's super basic.  I  upped the anty quite a bit at the Second Orientation and went for a much more complicated Production number (I couldn't help myself....there is no one with two left feet this year and I may have gotten a bit excited about that).  There is just a ton going on in this one and it could either be really amazing or a total disaster...gulp!  I'm going for a tear-jerker with finale this year.  I swear next year I'm going to go upbeat again.  Lol!

I have picked my winner already (the person who I think will win).  I should also mention that every single time I have picked the winner this early, I have been wrong.  We shall see...

So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment