Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Tooth Fairy

Brynn's tooth has been loose for a little over a week. This is not just any tooth but the FIRST TOOTH.  This major life event has been long awaited by Miss Brynn.  Her BFF has already lost two teeth making the topic of Brynn's first loose tooth a huge topic of conversation at the String household for the past several months.  Last week, Brynn was complaining to Dan that her tooth hurt.  Upon inspection of the offending tooth, Dan discovered that it was actually loose.  Oh the excitement that ensued.  We have talked of little else following the discovery.

As Brynn and I were having our nightly bedtime chat last night in her bed, she sighed and said, "Mama, what if my tooth NEVER falls out?".  I assured her that it would definitely fall out at some point.  I asked her if I could take another look and after my professional examination (me peeking out from between my fingers), I told her that it was really close and that if she pulled it it would probably come out (no way was I going to try!  Sorry but it gives me the heebie jeebies).  She tugged on the tooth and it popped out!

I will never ever forget the expression on her face!  She was beyond elated!  "OH MY GOSH!", she screamed, "IT'S OUT!".  Daddy and Colton (who were in Colton's bed) came rushing in upon hearing all of the excitement.  We all then had to admire the adorable new little gap in her teeth and the tiny little tooth now lying in her hand (bleck). 

It took quite some time for everyone to settle back down after we had the appropriate photo shoot, facebook announcement and made sure the tooth was tucked safely in a baggie and under her pillow for the Tooth Fairy.
The Tooth Fairy came through for us last night and left us some sparkley money.

Life is so good<3

No comments:

Post a Comment