Thursday, November 15, 2012

We Moved!!!!

Guess what?  I have a power cord again and am eager to catch up on my blog and have lots of to tell you about…weddings, Halloween, moving, hurricanes, and Mickey Mouse…oh my!  Lol!  Our lives have been beyond crazy lately and I can’t wait to fill you in on the details!

Let me start by telling you that WE HAVE MOVED!  I pray to sweet baby Jesus that we NEVER have to sell a house again!  It was unbelievably stressful!  I think the last I updated, we were waiting on the appraisal.  That ended up turning out great and we were all amped up to settle on Nov 1st.  Our realtor gave us the green light to move into the rental house so we moved in on Saturday.  We had thought that we would have the entire weekend to move stuff but the weather Gods had other plans.  Hurricane Sandy decided to make an unwelcome visit to Delaware.  Things were looking very grim but thanks to our family and friends we were able to get all of the boxes/furniture/crap into the rental house in one day (Thank you, thank you, thank you family and friends!!!). 

Hurricane Sandy rolled in on Sunday so we spent all of the yucky weather in the rental house unpacking boxes.  We even got two extra days off of work to unpack.  That was a huge help but it still looks like the hurricane was INSIDE the house.

The rental house made out great!  We stayed warm and dry the entire time.  We lost electricity for only a few hours and that was in the middle of the night so we didn’t even miss it. We were particularly stressed out about the Seaford house.  It was hard not being there and knowing what was happening to that house.  We knew that any damages to the house could result in the delay of the settlement or it being canceled all together.  But even that stress was secondary to worrying about our family in New Jersey.  In the grand scheme of things everyone is okay but some of them JUST got their electricity back.  I hope I never see another hurricane like that again!  My heart just breaks for all of those who lost homes and family members. 

The Seaford house ended up doing okay. We did get a little bit of water in the basement but it wasn’t anything that we couldn’t clean up within a couple of days.  However, we then got work from our realtor that there would be no real estate closing happening that week.  I’m not sure I even understand it but apparently there was a possibility that FEMA would be declaring some areas a disaster area and due to that we had to wait to see what counties were affected.  We also needed to have a second inspection that would ensure that there was not damage to our house.  However, somehow by the grace of God we ended up getting the go ahead to go to settlement Friday (just a day late).We still aren’t quite sure how they were able to get us through but we suspect it was because the bank had already cut the check to the buyers.

We still aren’t unpacked but we are so happy to be back home in Felton.  This downsizing to make all of our stuff fit in a smaller house has been quite the challenge but I'm working on it and every single morning I thank God for my much shorter commute to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment